Fly Fishing Quick Reference List
This is a quick basic reference list of equipment you should bring along with you on your trip. For the In Depth Fly Fishing Equipment Reference List, please click here.
Note: We do have high quality rods and reels for rent at the lodge, custom multi-tip fly line systems, and guide tied flies for sale.
- Steelhead and Salmon (except Chinooks) 7 to 9 weight
- Chinooks (Kings) 9 weight or heavier
- Trout and Char 4 to 6 weight
Note: Both Single handed or Spey (Double Handed) work well
- Steelhead and Salmon machined aluminum with an exposed rim for palming and holds a minimum 150 yards 30 pound backing
- Trout and Char saltwater resistant with an exposed rim for palming and holds a minimum 100 yards 20 pound backing
- Steelhead and Salmon Multi- tip system that includes a floating tip and a variety of sink tips from 50 to 400 grains
- Trout and Char full floating, and type II sinking
Note: We highly recommend you purchase the Descension custom made multi-tip system (includes seven different tips) from the lodge. It is the most effective system to use on our local rivers!
- Steelhead and Salmon maxima ultra green in 25 pound, 15 pound, 10 pound and, 8 pound
- Steelhead and Salmon a variety of 10 foot Rio or Air-flo sinking tapered leaders
- Dry Fly Steelhead 10 to 15 pound 8 to 10 foot tapered steelhead or big game leader
- Trout and Char 6 to 10 pound 10 to 15 foot tapered leaders with a selection of 4 to 8 pound maxima tippet
- Steelhead and Salmon an assortment of marabou and rabbit leaches sizes 6 to 3/0, prawn style flies sizes 4 to 3/0, popsicle style flies sizes 2 to 3/0, flash flies sizes 4 to 1/0, and any other flies that you think may be effective
- Dry Fly Steelhead an assortment of skating and waking flies in sizes 8 to 2
- Trout and Char salmon fry patterns sizes 10 to 4, egg patterns, leach patterns, assorted nymphs sizes 14 to 6, and assorted dries sizes 16 to 8
Note: You can purchase guide tied flies at the lodge. We highly recommend you use the flies tied by the guides since they have been proven highly effective local patterns.
Additional Equipment Required
- Wading Boots
- Rain Gear
- Fishing Vest
- Warm Clothing
- Thermal Socks
- Line Nippers
- Hook File
- Fly Floatant
- Sun Screen
- Lip Balm